I just started my very own blog! How exciting! My own little soapbox! So, whatever motivated me to blog? I've thought about it for a while since I greatly enjoy writing. However, I type slow and essentially still hunt and peck despite a high school typing class; I was much better then.
I have been pushed into action by a current project. I am in the process of trying to become a reviewer of educational products for The Old Schoolhouse magazine, which caters to homeschoolers. A requirement is that each reviewer have a blog on which to post reviews. Voila!
My illustrious sister and fellow blogger Cindy Horton at http://www.fencedinfamily.com/blog/
gave me some info on how to start a blog. She said there are homeschool blogs, which is what she uses, and homestead blogs, and just general blogs. I'm sure there are others, but for someone who gets overwhelmed with lots of choices, I didn't look any further. Well, we are officially a homeschool family, but we are also wannabe homesteaders, and then there are all the other numerous things I'm passionate about. So, I figured I'd better go with the general blog, and here we are.
This blog should serve a few purposes. It will let me continue my tryout with This Old Schoolhouse for one, but I have much larger ambitions. It will give me a place to collect and record my thoughts, feelings, passions, ideas, ramblings, and so on. Sort of like an online journal. I'm always hoping to positively influence people through my writing, so if anyone ever reads this blog, I hope they come away with something good. But, my biggest ambition is posterity. I hope to leave my children, loved ones, and descendants with things I've gleaned from life. I'll leave you with the most important, live for Jesus!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment